How to Prevent and to Treat Dog Ticks
One of the most annoying pests that infest pests are ticks. This is not just risky for our dogs but also to us. When you observe around, you will notice numerous periodicals that offer information about the dangers and health risks brought by ticks to dogs and to pet owners. This newsletter also offers tips on how to eradicate these pests.
The Detrimental Effects of Dog Ticks
1. These pests are unsightly and are hard to remove from the skin of your pets. This is especially true when these pests hid in the fur of our dogs.
2. These pests will not only infest dog but also humans as well.
3. Just like the other insects, ticks are carriers of various kinds of diseases for both dogs and humans. Some of these diseases include Lyme disease, tick paralysis, anemia, and etc.
4. These ticks can also breed in our furniture pieces like sofa, table and beds.
Early detection is very important in successfully treating and preventing tick infestation. It is also suggested that you check the furs of your pets and yourself after you bring them outdoors and in wooded places. Continue perusing this newsletter to get additional tips in preventing the onset of these ticks in your pets and in your home. Moreover, this newsletter will also give readers insights on the symptoms of tick-borne diseases.
Pointers in the Prevention of Tick Bites
If there are ways of preventing and repelling ticks, then there are also effectual and safe methods of repelling ticks and this are discussed further in this newsletter.
1. Adding garlic and apple cider vinegar to the meals of our dogs is one effectual way of preventing tick bites. The odors of these ingredients are unappealing to them.
2. For those who want safe and sustainable solutions, then can purchase lavender shampoo, geranium rose essential oil, and lemon-infused water from any pet around. Make sure that you apply these solutions all over their fur and bodies so as to prevent ticks from biting them.
3. You can also confer with your trusted veterinarians to prescribe topical chemical-based medications for the prevention of tick bites.
Where and How to Check for Tick Bites?
1. Be sure to play around with them so as to check signs of tick bites in your dogs. It is suggested that you check their bodies by gently examining it for signs of rashes, bumps, scratches and other bodily irregularities.
2. Do not forget to check different areas of their bodies such as tail, toes, legs, eyes, and ears.
Adhere to the pointers found in this newsletter if you want to prevent and to protect your dogs from ticks.